Chana Masala with Chilli Fried EggPosted on in Asian, Asian, Low Calorie, Recipes, Vegetarian & Soups
It’s not often I do a vegetarian dish but when it comes to meat free Asia is a great bet for flavours that will not leave you craving the protein. This dish is typically served for breakfast or brunch. It’s pretty good also if you’re calorie counting. This recipe will serve 4.
You will need
2 Tins of Chick Peas
1 Pack of Rainbow Rice (Asda vegetables containing carrot, courgette, broccoli and spinach)
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Inch Ginger
2 Green Chillies
2 Red Chillies
1 tbs Tomato Puree
1 tbs Coriander Stalks
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Curry Powder
Salt and pepper
- Finely dice your shallots, garlic, ginger and coriander stalks.
- Add the shallots to a pan with a little oil and cook until they stat to turn brown. Add in the ginger, garlic, coriander and one red and green chilli. Once they have softened add in your spices and tomato puree and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add around 3/4 of the rainbow rice and chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes before adding the chickpeas.
- Pour in 150ml of water and season well with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chickpeas become a little more tender.
- In a frying pan add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Crack in your eggs and cook to your preference.
- Add a knob of butter to the chickpeas and finish with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Pop the chickpeas on the bottom of the bowl and top with the fried egg, some fresh chillies a little cracked black pepper and coriander.