Scallop with Cauliflower and Cumin Puree, Spiced Cauliflower Crumb and Baby CorianderPosted on in Asian, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
Cauliflower is one of the veggies you either love or hate but this recipe spices things up a bit which might get those that aren’t so keen to give it a go. The recipe will make more than enough puree for 6 people.
You will need:
1 Scallop per person
1 Small Cauliflower
70ml Double Cream
Knob of butter
1/2 tsp Whole Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Ground Coriander
1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
Pinch of Tumeric
Salt and White Pepper
- With a sharp knife or box grater shave off the very outside of the florets to create a crumb. Set aside while you create the puree.
- Cut the remaining cauliflower in to pieces and place in a pan with 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds and a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the cauliflower has softened.
- Take out and drain the cauliflower then place in a blender. Add a knob of butter and the double cream and blend until silky smooth. Season with a little salt and pepper. Scoop the puree out of the blender and place in a pan to gently heat when needed.
- Take your cauliflower crumbs and place in a frying pan with a little butter and a dash of olive oil. Season with salt and add your spices. Gently cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Season your scallop with salt then cook in a hot pan for a couple of minutes each side and finish with a little butter to add colour and flavour.
- Make sure your puree is warm then its time to assemble.
- Make a small circle of the puree in the plate and scatter over a little of the crumb. Top with the scallop and finally dress with the baby coriander.