Thai Red Seafood CurryPosted on in Asian, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
We are really blessed where we live to have fantastic seafood on our doorstep. This recipe uses mussels, langoustine and halibut in a hot Thai Red Curry sauce. This will serve 2.
You will need
1 Tin Coconut Milk
1 Head of Pac Choi
2 Banana Shallots
Fresh Thai Chillies
For the sauce:
8 Red Chillies
1 Banana shallot
1 Inch if Grated Ginger
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Stalks of Lemongrass
4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1/2 tsp Tumeric
2 tbs Light Soy
1 tbs Fish Sauce
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Coriander Seeds
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbs Chiu Chow Chilli oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Firstly place all of your sauce ingredients in a blender and blitz until you have a smooth paste. Once done scrape in to a bowl and set aside.
2. Cut your halibut in to generous bite sized pieces.
3. In a pan add a little oil then spoon in your curry paste. Give it a good stir and let it cook out for a couple of minutes.
4. Add in the coconut milk and stir well. Add in your halibut and the shallots and gently cook for 7-8 minutes.
5. Meanwhile add your langoustines to a deep pan fillled with boiling salted water. Cook them for around 3-4 minutes. Let them cool for a couple of minutes then peel them leaving 2 for garnish.
6. Add your mussels to around 1/2 an inch of boiling water and cook until they are all opened.
7. Add the langoustines and the mussels to the curry and allow to warm through for another couple of minutes. Meanwhile cut the Pac Choi lengthways and blanch in salted boiling water for a couple of minutes.
8. Add it to the curry for a final minute then serve.
9. Place all your curry in to a serving bowl and then top with your remaining Langoustine and scatter over some fresh Thai Basil, Coriander and Fresh Chilli if you want an extra kick.