Paleo Rare Asian Beef SaladPosted on in Beef, Lamb & Pork, Recipes
The Paleo diet essentially cuts out your carbohydrate intake concentrating on lean protein and vegetables. This recipe takes very little time but is packed with zingy fresh flavours and great for lunch or dinner. The quantities shown here will serve 2.
You will need:
2 x fillet steak. (about an inch thick)
1 Large carrot
3 Spring Onions
1/2 Bag of mixed leaf and rocket salad
1 Large Red Chilli (if you prefer something spicier add a red thai chilli)
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 Red Pepper
1/2 Orange Pepper
Handful of Beansprouts
For the dressing
Juice of 1 Lime
1 tsp Palm sugar
2 tbs light soy
1 tbs fish sauce
- Using a mandolin with a tooth blade finely shred the carrot, de-seed the cucumber then shred.
- Take a handful of mange tout and slice lengthways as thinly as possible. Repeat with the peppers and spring onions.
- Chop the garlic and finely slice the chilli.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with a handful of beansprouts and the mixed salad leaves. Using your fingertips ensure that the salad is well mixed.
- Combine the dressing ingredients.
- Season your steaks with sea salt and pepper. Turn the pan on until the oil is smoking then cook the steaks for a couple of minutes each side. Take out of the pan and set aside to rest for a few minutes. Dress your salad then slice the steak as thinly as possible
- Arrange on the plate and top with some cress and sesame seeds.