Bone Marrow BurgerPosted on in Beef, Lamb & Pork, Recipes
Every now and then we need a bit of filth in our lives. This burger is the burger all other burgers want to dance with at discos to make themselves look good! This recipe will make 4 burgers.
You will need
500g Chuck Steak Mince
150g Bone Marrow (or 2 small marrow bones)
12 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon
Pack of Sliced Cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
2 Red Onions
2 Red Chillies Sliced
4 Tomatoes Sliced
1 Echalion Shallot
4 Brioche Buns
3 Babygem Lettuce (finely sliced)
5 tbs Mayonnaise
2 tbs Tomato Sauce
1 tbs Chipotle Tabasco
1 tsp Worcester Sauce
1 Bottle of Cider Vinegar
1/2 tbs Sugar
Jar Beef Dripping
Salt and Pepper
1. Start by preparing your onions. Slice the red onions finely then the red chillies. Place them in a bowl then add the sugar a good pinch of salt and cider vinegar. Cover and place in the fridge for a minimum of an hour but preferably over night.
2. Take your marrow bones and scoop out the insides. Use the handle of a spoon. If it isn’t coming out easily warm them for 30 seconds in the microwave.
3. Put the marrow bone in the fridge for 30 minutes to get slightly firmer so it’s easier to chop up.
4. Finely slice the baby gem lettuce then place in a bowl. Add the tomato sauce, mayonnaise, Tabasco, Worcester Sauce and a pinch of salt. Mix so that all the leaves are coated. Cover and place in the fridge.
5. Take the steak mince in a bowl then season with salt and pepper. Add the finely diced shallots. Finely chop the bone marrow then mix it by hand in with the mince.
6. If you have a burger press form the burgers. You can do it by hand by rolling the mixture in to equal balls then pressing down to 2.5cm in thickness.
7. Heat your dry frying pan to a high heat and then place the burgers in cooking on each side for 2 minutes. Meanwhile cook your bacon under the grill until nice and crispy.
8. Add the sliced cheese to the top of the burger. If you have a lid large enough cover the pan. This will help steam the cheese so it melts. Turn off the heat then allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
9. Slice your buns then in a pan put a little dripping in the pan. Place the buns cut side down and toast until golden.
10. Time to assemble. Place the lettuce on the bottom, then the burger, tomatoes, bacon then finally the pickled chilli onions and place on the bun lid.