Butternut Squash and Feta Dip with Crispy Sage Spiced Honey Pecans and ChilliPosted on in Recipes, Vegetarian & Soups
This is a cracking dip for this time of year. Nice and rich with a sweet hint of honey and a chilli kick.
You will need:
1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 Clove of Garlic
2 Red Chillies
Handful of Pecans
225g Feta Cheese
8 tbs Olive Oil
4 tbs Honey
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the squash lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Score the flesh with a knife then sprinkle with salt and olive oil. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees then place the squash on parchment flesh side down and bake for 40 mins.
2. Meanwhile dice the shallots, half a chilli and the garlic and gently sweat off in a little olive oil until soft.
3. Take out the squash and allow to cool a little before scooping out the flesh. Place in a blender with the shallots, garlic and chilli. Add in the Feta and Olive oil then lightly season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Roughly chop the pecans and place in a pan with the honey and gently heat through for a couple of minutes. In a frying pan pour in around 1/2 cm of oil and heat to a medium. Drop in the sage leaves and cool for around 30 seconds or until crispy. Take them out and place them on a piece of kitchen towel.
5. Spread the dip on a plate then top with the sage, nuts and honey. Finally scatter on some fresh chilli. Serve with griddled sourdough.