C9 Day 4 Recipe. Rolled Turkey Breast with Basil, Prosciutto and a Tomato and Bean RaguPosted on in Poultry & Game, Recipes
Day four or more specifically the second evening meal on the C9 diet. I wanted to try and make something quite different each day so we don’t all get bored. This recipe comes in at 480kcals.
You will need:
200g Turkey Breast Steak
200g Tinned Tomato
2 Banana Shallots Finely Chopped
1 Slice Prosciutto
1/2 Red Pepper (finely chopped)
200g Butter Beans (Tinned and Drained)
1 tbs Parmesan
1 Clove Garlic
1 tbs Tomato Puree
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Olive Oil
1. To a frying pan add your olive oil then gently sweat off the onions, peppers and garlic until soft but not coloured. Season with a little salt and pepper then add the tomato puree and smoked paprika.
2. Add the tinned tomatoes and beans and gently simmer while you prepare the turkey.
3. Lay the steak out flat and cover with cling-film. Gently flatten with a rolling pin so the thickness is between 1/2 and 1cm thick.
4. Season with a little pepper then lay over 1 slice of prosciutto and a few basil leaves. Roll the turkey from end to end and then hold in place with a couple of cocktail sticks.
(If you don’t mind a little more faff then roll the turkey in the cling-film tying it at each end to make a sausage shape then put in the fridge for 30 minutes so it holds it shape a little better. Then follow the same cooking instructions)
5. Seal the turkey off for a couple of minutes so all sides are browned then add to the ragu for a further 15 minutes. Add in the balsamic vinegar.
6. Pull out the cocktail sticks from the turkey as despite them having virtually no calories they add little in the way of flavour. If you like you can slice the turkey for a better presentation.
7. Finish the dish by adding the parmesan and a few shredded basil leaves.