c9 Day 5: Curried Chicken Breast with Vegetable PilauPosted on in Asian, Low Calorie, Poultry & Game, Recipes
Day five on the C9 and this is the lowest calorie meal so far.. Coming in at only 388 kcals. Even leaving room for a little dessert if you fancied it!
You will need:
1 Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Basmati Rice
2 tbs Sunflower Oil
2 tbs Peas
1 Banana Shallot
1 Garlic Clove
2 Baby Courgettes
1/2 Red Chilli
1/2 Inch Grated Ginger
3 tbs 0% Greek Yoghurt
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Curry Powder of your choice (see below)
For the Chicken Marinade
I have a recipe on the blog for a curry spice blend but if you dont have time you can use a shop bought spice mix. You can get a Korma or Tikka spice blend in most supermarkets.
If you want a really quick one try:
1 tsp Coriander, 1 tsp Cumin, 1/2 tsp Paprika, 1/2 tsp Tumeric, 1/4 White Pepper, 1/3 tsp Cayenne and good pinch of salt.
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add crushed garlic and ginger. Then add 2 tsp of spice mix. Give it a good massage and leave covered in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins.
For the Yoghurt Dressing:
3 tbs Zero fat Greek Yoghurt
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp Grated Ginger
Pinch of Cumin and Tumeric
1. Mix in a dish and leave to infuse while you marinade the chicken.
1. Once you’ve taken the chicken out seal in a pan on both sides then place in an oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Once the chicken is done you should let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
2. Finely chop the mushroom, onions, courgette and chilli with a few chopped coriander stalks and fry in the same pan you did the chicken then tip out on to kitchen paper to get rid of any excess fat.
3. Boil your rice as per instructions in salted water. For the last couple of minutes add the frozen peas.
4. Drain the rice completely and fork the grains before adding the vegetables. Give it a good mix.
5. Slice the chicken then place the rice in the bottom of the dish then top with the sliced chicken and finally drizzle over the yoghurt dressing.