Crab and Scallop Risotto with Chilli and SaffronPosted on in Fish & Seafood, Recipes
I’ve done a fair few risottos on my page and this is another favourite. As there is no cheese this it is lighter than others but has a freshness from the crab, lemon and chilli. This recipe will serve 2.
You will need:
150g Arborio Rice
2 Red Chillies
2 Large Fresh Scallops
170g White Crab Meat
1 Clove Garlic
125ml White Wine
1lt Vegetable Stock
Pinch of Saffron
2-3 Knobs of Butter
(Micro herbs such as baby cabbage or radish. Optional)
- Heat your veg stock in a deep pan and add a pinch of saffron then stir.
- Finely dice the shallots, chillies and garlic and gently sweat in a little olive oil in a deep sided frying pan or pot. Allow the onion to soften but not colour then add the rice and stir for a couple of minute before adding the wine.
- Once the wine has almost disappeared start adding your stock a ladle at a time stirring as you do and waiting until almost fully absorbed before adding the next.
- As the starch begins to be released from the rice and the risotto starts to thicken tsp the rice. It should be just slightly under done. Add your crab and stir well for another couple of minutes before leaving to rest. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile season your scallops on both sides and then fry in a hot pan on both sides for no more than a minute. To finish the scallops add a little butter and baste.
- Finish the risotto with a few knobs of butter and the juice of half a lemon. Check seasoning and add a little salt and pepper if required.
- Assemble the plate by topping the risotto with the scallop and a few micro herbs.
Absolutely cracking dish to enjoy with a Spanish Albarino.