Day 6 on C9: Shredded Chicken with Moroccan Spiced Bulgur Wheat and Quinoa SaladPosted on in Poultry & Game, Recipes
Day 6 on the C9 and this Moroccan dish comes in at just 388 calories. I used the leftover chicken from a Sunday roast for this. Its roughly 1 breast or just under on a small chicken.
You will need:
150g Cooked Shredded Chicken
75g Bulgur Wheat & Quinoa
4 Baby Mixed Peppers (Sliced)
6 Fine Beads (chopped and blanched)
1/2 Red or Green Chilli
10 Cherry Tomatoes (5 Fresh 5 Cooked)
(for drying out baby tomatoes to give them a great sweet and intense flavour cut in half, sprinkle over a little salt and place in the oven on 140 degrees for about 35 minutes)
Clove of Garlic
2 tsp Ras el Hanout
Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
3 tbs Zero Fat Yoghurt
Salt and Pepper
For the Tzatziki:
1. In a blender add 6-8 mint leaves, yoghurt and the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper then blitz until smooth. Once done place in a bowl and place in the fridge until ready to use.
1. Add all the vegetables and chicken to a bowl then add 1 tbs of Parsley and Coriander then season with salt and pepper and 1 tsp of Rasel Hanout. Mix well and squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
2. Cook the Bulgur Wheat and Quinoa as per instructions or until tender. Drain and fork the grains before adding 1 tsp of olive oil and 1/2 a tsp of rasel Hanout.
3. Combine the grains with the chicken and vegetables and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
4. Place the mixture in a bowl and finish with some more chopped coriander and parsley then dollop over some of your Tzatziki.