Hake with Chorizo, Tomato and Baby SquidPosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
This is a real taste of Spain. Hake isn’t a fish we eat a lot of in the U.K but it’s a member of the Cod family and pretty cheap to buy compared to most white fish.
You will need.
200g Mixed baby tomatoes
200g Baby San Marzano tomatoes
2 Banana Shallots
3 Cloves of Garlic
125g Chorizo Picante
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tbs Tomato Puree
3 Baby Squid
1. Take your tomatoes and slice each in half then slice up your garlic and shallots.
2. In good olive oil gently get off the garlic and onions until softened. Slice the chorizo in to pieces about the width of 2 pound coins and add to the mix.
3. Add all of your tomatoes and the tomato puree. Give it a good stir then season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. At this stage add a splash of water then cover with tinfoil and cook for around 15 minutes.
4. Season the hake with a little salt on both sides and fry in a medium pan in olive oil skin side down until you see the fish is cooked half way through. Flip the fish and cook on the flesh side for a couple of minutes.
5. Take the baby squid and take out the tentacles. Cut off the beak and then slice the body of the squid in to rings. Season with salt, pepper and paprika then fry for a minute before adding to your sauce.
6. Place the sauce on the dish and top with the fish. Finally add a little chopped parsley and drizzle over olive oil.