Halibut with Spinach, Mushroom Veloute and a Parmesan CrispPosted on in Fish & Seafood, Recipes
I know I have done a fair amount with Halibut but it’s my favourite fish and by all means swap to your favourite white fish. This recipe will serve 2 people.
You will need:
2 Skin on Fillets of Halibut (Dark Side)
250g Chestnut Mushrooms
150ml Double Cream
150ml Chicken Stock
1 Clove Garlic
1 Banana Shallot
2 Heaped tbs Grated Parmesan
To make the Mushroom Veloute.
- In a frying pan and all of your chopped mushrooms, shallot and garlic and cook until they are starting to slightly catch and turn golden brown.
- Add in the chicken stock and simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the double cream. Season well with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents in to a blender and blitz until you have a smooth soup. Set aside while you prepare the fish
4. On a non stick baking tray place each tablespoon of parmesan carefully then place under the grill for 3 minutes or until they are a nice golden colour. Once they are cooked take them out and allow them to cool on the tray until needed.
5. Season the Halibut with a little salt and then cook in a frying pan with a little olive oil on the skin side until the fish is cooked just over half way through. Turn off the heat and turn the fish to the flesh side to finish cooking.
6. In a sauce pan place 2 handful of spinach with one tbs of water. Cook on a gentle heat until the spinach has wilted. You may wish once the spinach has finished cooking to gently squeeze out any excess water.
7. Re heat the Veloute for a couple of minutes then assemble the dish by placing the spinach in the middle then pouring to veloute around. Carefully place the fish on the spinach and top with the parmesan crisp. Finally decorate with a few finely chipped chives.