Ham Hock Butter on Toasted SourdoughPosted on in Beef, Lamb & Pork, European, Recipes
This is an absolute cracker at any time of the year with a few beers on a lunchtime. You can do this a couple of ways but lets opt for the easy version.
200g ready pulled ham hock (waitrose)
250g Butter (room temperature)
2 Banana Shallots (very finely diced)
2 Egg Yolks
3 tbs English Mustard
1 tbs yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Cayenne
2 Tbs finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1. In a dry frying pan add all the ham and fry until the ham starts to go crispy. Set aside on some kitchen paper to cool.
2. Meanwhile gently mix the butter and all other ingredients in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Add in the ham and mix until all the ham is distributed equally.
4. Scoop the butter out in to a serving dish smooth over and leave in the fridge for an hour to let the flavours mix.
5. Before you serve take the butter out of the fridge for 20 minutes. Serve on hot toasted sourdough bread.