Herb Crusted Halibut with Tomato and Basil SalsaPosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
I love fish but probably like most don’t eat as much as I should. This is a really simple dish and looks pretty good if your’e entertaining. Halibut is quite an expensive fish so you could use Cod, Haddock or Pollock.
1. Take your fillets and season with salt and a little white pepper. Seal on all sides in a hot pan for 30 seconds per side. Meanwhile heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Take out the fish and set aside. Slice 6 cherry tomatoes in half and finely dice half a banana shallot. Add to the pan in a little olive oil sweating off gently. Shred 4 or 5 basil leaves and add to the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a few mminutes until the tomatoes start to soften. Take off the heat and set aside.
3. For the crust take 3 slices of white bread and blitz in a blender with a tablespoon if finely grated parmesan and a handful of curly parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4. To assemble the dish lay your fish on a baking tray and carefully spoon over the salsa mix then sprinkle over the herb crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
5. In a saucepan pour in 4tbs of good balsamic vinegar and reduce until you have a syrup like consistency.
6. Take out the fish and rest for a few minutes. Place on the plate and drizzle with a little olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.