Indian Chilli Cheese ToastPosted on in Asian, Asian, Recipes, Uncategorized, Vegetarian & Soups
You don’t need a hangover to eat this but if you happen to have over indulged then the restorative properties of this spicy cheese on toast will go some way to getting you back on track. You can make the cheese mix and keep it in a bowl in the fridge for a couple of days.
You will need:
Sourdough (just pick the loaf of your choice)
350g Mature Cheddar
3 Echalion shallots finely chopped.
1 cloves of garlic
2 Tomatoes De-seeded and chopped
3 Red Chillies finely chopped
3 tbs Coriander Stalks finely chopped.
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/4 tsp Tumeric
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
Salt and Pepper
1. In a pan drizzle in a little oil and place in the onions, garlic, 2/3 of the chilli and 2 tablespoons of the coriander stalks. Cook on a low to medium heat for a couple of minutes then add your spices and cook for a further minute. Season with a little salt and pepper then take off the heat.
2. Grate all your cheese and slice your sourdough.
3. When your onion mix is almost cold add it to a bowl with the cheese and chopped tomatoes.
4. Give it a good mix so all the onions and Chillies are mixed through the cheese.
5. Under a grill toast your bread but only on one side. Top the un-toasted side with your cheese mix then place back under the grill for a few minutes. Once melted and turning slightly golden take it out and top with some fresh chilli and the remaining coriander stalks. If you like serve it with a little mango chutney.