King Prawns with Tomato, Chilli, Garlic and FennelPosted on in Asian, Asian, Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
This curried prawn dish is quick and easy and great served with a simple chopped tomato salad and flatbreads. This recipe will serve 2.
You will need:
20 large king prawns
1 inch grated ginger
3 Finely diced banana shallots
2 large garlic cloves finely sliced
2 Chopped chillies
3 Large salad tomatoes
1 tsp Coursely ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Yellow mustard seeds
1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tbs of finely chopped coriander stalks plus leaves to finish the curry.
2 tsp Tumeric
Salt and pepper
Splash of water
For the chopped salad
3 Large salad tomatoes diced
1/2 Red Onion finely diced
1/4 Cucumber finely diced
1. Grate the ginger and finely chop one of the chillies. Place the prawns in a bowl then mix on the ginger, chillies and 1 tsp of tumeric. Cover then place in the fridge for at least an hour to marinade.
2. In a pan heat a little oil then pour in the mustard seeds. Once they have started to splitter and pop add in your finely chopped shallots and gently fry for a few minutes until they are softened but not brown.
3. Add in the tumeric, coriander, cumin, fennel, chilli and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the chopped tomato. Season well with a salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in your marinaded prawns and cook for around 4-5 minutes until the prawns are cooked through. Add around 100ml of water just to loosen the mixture and make the mixture a little more saucy!! Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Take off the heat then prepare your chopped salad. Place your flatbreads in the hot oven for 4 minutes.
6. Pour the prawns in to a bowl then dress with some coriander leaves and freshly sliced chillies.
7. Bung it all in the middle of the table and dig in.