Mushroom and Winter Truffle PatePosted on in Recipes, Vegetarian & Soups
I love a good pate and this vegetarian option is one of my absolute favourites. Its a great option for a Christmas Day Starter or to add to a cheeseboard!
You will need:
250 g Chestnut Mushrooms
1 Banana Shallot
1 Clove of Garlic
2 tbsps Grated Fresh Parmesan
60 g Salsa Di Funghi con Tartufo
500 g Mascarpone
2 heaped tablespoonWhipped Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
Fresh Winter Truffle (optional)
- In a food processor add your mushrooms and blend until they form a rough paste.
- Finely dice your shallot and garlic and gently sweat in a pan with a little olive oil until soft and just beginning to brown. Add in your mushrooms and cook until the mixture has turned dry and you begin to smell the mushrooms. Season well with a good pinch of salt and some pepper.
- Put the mixture on to a plate and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool quickly.
- Place your mascarpone in to a bowl and whip up the cream. Fold the cream in mascarpone then add the parmesan. Stir then add in the mushrooms and the Salsa Di Funghi con Tarfuto
- Grate in a little fresh truffle if desired and check seasoning for salt and pepper.
- Place your pate in to your jars and top with sliced fresh truffle.