Panko Breaded Chicken with a Spicy Noodle Salad and Charred PineapplePosted on in Asian, Poultry & Game, Recipes
This recipe is a must if you want to make something for friends or family that has a real wow factor but in all honesty is easy peasy lemon squeezy!! This recipe serves 2.
You will need
For the dressing
3 tbs Light Soy
1 tbs Dark Soy
1 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Garlic
1/4 Red Chilli
1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
Mix it all in a bowl and leave for the flavours to infuse.
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Spring Onions
1 Inch of Ginger
1 Clove of Garlic
2 Pac Choi
3 tbs Plain Flour
Ok so this recipe kind of goes in stages and all comes together at the end.
1. Take your rice noodles and cook in boiling salted water for a few minutes. Check the pack for grams per portion. Once they are done rince off with cold water to ensure they dont cook any more.
2. Gently fry off the garlic, chilli, spring onions and garlic for about 1 minute just to soften them slightly with a little salt and pepper. Take out and set aside.
3. Take your Enoki mushrooms and again cook for about 3o seconds just to take off the raw edge. Take out and set on some kitchen roll.
4. Season the breadcrumbs with a good amount of salt and pepper and a tsp of garlic salt. Season flour with salt and pepper. Turn on your deep fat fryer and heat to 180 degrees.
5. Time to bread the chicken. Slice the chicken breasts lengthways and roll first in flour, then egg, then crumb. You only need to do this once.
6. Take your pineapple and cut off the skin. Cut nice sized wedges ensuring you cut off the core. Heat the griddle pan and add a little oil and cook just until you have good char lines on each side.
7. Drop your chicken in to the fryer and cook for 5-6 minutes or until nice and golden.
8. Time to assemble the noodle salad. Gently fry off the Pac Choi and all all the other fried ingredients. Add the noodles and mix well. Pour over 4 tbs of the dressing. Finally add a few coriander leaves and some toasted cashew nuts.
9. Take out the chicken and place on kitchen roll to drain off the excess oil.
10. Assemble the dish and drizzle a little chilli oil over the chicken and sprinkle over a little cress then serve.