Scallop and Crab Spaghetti with Chilli, Garlic and LemonPosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
Dead quick and an ideal Summer light lunch or dinner this dish will keep the calorie counters reasonably happy and is full of fresh, clean flavours. This will serve two.
2 Large Crab Claws picked of meat
2 Large Scallops
2 Banana Shallots
1 Red Chilli
2 Cloves of Garlic
Flat Leaf Parsley
100 ml Dry White Wine
Spaghetti (check serving suggestions for amounts)
1. Finely chop the shallots, garlic and chilli and gently sweat in olive oil until soft but not coloured. Add the white wine and let reduce for a couple of minutes.
2. Put on your pasta and once cooked drain but retain a couple of tbs of the water.
3. Add the pasta to the onions, garlic and chilli and toss so all the pasta is well coated.
4. Add the crab meat and mix through the pasta.
5. Slice the scallops in half so you have 2 thinner pieces per person. Sear in a hot pan for about 1.5 minutes per side.
6. Finish the pasta by adding a few finely chopped chives and flat leaf parsley.
7. Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and season with a little salt and cracked black pepper.
8. Arrange in the dish and top with the scallops