Scallops and Halibut with Samphire, Enoki Mushrooms and a Yuzu, Passionfruit and Chilli DeessingPosted on in Asian, Asian, Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
I kind of just made this dish up as I went along . I bought the fish from Ridleys in the morning then did a few laps of the veg aisle in Waitrose and this is what I’ve come up with.
You will need.
3 Scallops per person
Halibut Fillet (skinned)
1 Red Chilli
1 tbs Yuzu Juice
1/2 tsp Grated Ginger
1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
1 Spring Onion
1 tsp Light Soy
1. First make your dressing. Finely chop half a red chilli then cut the passionfruit in half and scoop out the seeds and juice. Place them in s bowl then add your ginger, soy and Yuzu juice.
2. Season the halibut and scallops with a little seasalt then fry the halibut first in a little olive oil on a medium/high heat. Once it’s done turn the heat up and cook your scallops for about 2 minutes per side.
3. Peel and segment the grapefruit then carefully break it up with your fingers.
4. In a clean frying pan drop in some mushrooms with the Samphire and spring Onions. Add a dash of soy and cook for no more than a minute.
5. Assemble the dish with the halibut in the centre then the scallops. Scatter over the mushrooms, Samphire and Spring onions then pour over your dressing.