Sea Bass Ceviche with Chilli, Cucumber, Radish and LimePosted on in Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
I was at my local fishmongers recently and they had some fantastic Sea Bass in so I decided to do some Ceviche. If you do want to do this recipe it really must be with super fresh. Please don’t do it with supermarket pre-packed fish. Its fine for cooking but for this dish you need it to be practically still swimming! You will also need a really sharp knife!! This recipe will serve 4 as a starter.
You will need:
2 Large Sea Bass Fillets
2 Red Chillies
1 Spring Onion
Pinch of Salt
- Take some mint leaves and roll them in to a sausage then chop as finely as possible. Do exactly the same with the coriander leaves.
- Take around a 2 inch piece of cucumber and stand on its end. Slice down as thinly as possible then make in to matchsticks by slicing each from top to bottom.
- Finely Chop your chillies, spring onion and then the radish as thinly as possible. Take one of you limes and cut in to thin wedges then cut away the skin. Once you have segments then finely cut so you have thin triangular shaped pieces.
- Trim off the fish to remove any of the white belly fat or sinew. Then take your knife and cut a slice at around 60 degrees. On the same angle cut as thinly as possible cutting the fish as close to the skin as possible but not going through it. Repeat until you have used all the fish.
- Its now just a case of assembly. Place the slices of fish on the bottom of the place and scatter over the chilli, mint, spring onion and coriander. Then arrange the cucumber, lime and radish on top. Finally squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lime over each plate together with around 1/2 tbs of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Dead Easy! Enjoy!