Sea Bass with Thai Green Curry Pac Choi and Jasmine RicePosted on in Asian, Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
I love Thai Green Curry but this is a little more healthy using the sauce much more sparingly to cut down on the calories. This recipe serves 2.
You will need:
2 Sea Bass Fillets
Pack of Baby Pac Choi
150ml Coconut Milk (use low fat if you want lower calories)
1 Red Thai Chilli
100g Jasmine Rice
For the green curry paste:
50g Fresh Coriander
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
5 Thai Green Chillies
2 Echalion Shallots
3 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds
6 Lime Leaves
1 Inch Ginger
1 Lemongrass Stalk (finely chopped)
Juice of 1 Lime
2 tbs Olive oil
2 tbs Fish sauce
2 tbs Light soy
1. Firstly combine your curry paste ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a paste. Set aside in the fridge until required.
2. Cook your rice in salted water until you feel the grains begin to soften and hold together.
3. Put 2 tbs of your paste in a frying pan and heat through for a minute before adding your coconut milk. Stir and keep warm on a very low heat.
4. Season the flesh side of the fish then lightly oil the skin side. Place skin side down in a medium pan until the fish has almost cooked through before taking off the heat and turning on to the flesh side for another minute.
5. Slice the pac choi in half and quickly fry in a touch of oil and a splash of light soy.
6. Time to assemble. Drain off the rice then place a scone cutter in the centre of your dish. Place 4 tbs of the rice in the middle and gently push down. Top the rice with the pac choi and then place the fish on top. Gently pour some of the green curry around the rice then scatter over some fresh red chilli.