Seabass with Charred Pineapple SalsaPosted on in Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
Well the sun is shining so here’s a little summer dish you can make on the barbecue or pan fry. It’s light and healthy with a nice fresh salsa that works really well with Seabass. The salsa will be enough for 4 people.
You will need
Seabass Fillets (scaled and pinboned)
1 Red Chilli 1 Green Chilli
Handful Fresh Mint
1 Small Red Onion
1. First of all top and tail the pineapple then take off the skin. Cut down the sides of the pineapple taking nice thick chunks.
2. In a dry medium/ hot pan place in the pineapple and cook until you have a good char on all sides.
3. Meanwhile finely chop your chillies, onion and mint.
4. Take out the pineapple and cut in to small chunks. Put the pineapple in a bowl and add in the chilli, mint and onion. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and season with a pinch of salt and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Cover the bowl in clingfilm while you cook your fish.
6. Season both sides of the fish then lightly oil the skin side. Fry in a hot pan on the skin side until the fish has cooked over half way through. Turn over the fish and finish on the flesh side for the last minute.
7. Place two fillets in the centre of the plate then dress with the salsa. Finish with a final drizzle of the juice from the salsa.