Seafood Pasta with Clams, Prawns and King CrabPosted on in Fish & Seafood, Low Calorie, Recipes
This one of my favourite pasta dishes with plenty of fresh seafood and a little chilli kick. King crab is a little pricey for an everyday dinner but by all means you could use brown crab as a replacement. This recipe serves 2.
You will need:
2 King Crab legs (cooked)
6 Shell on King Prawns
2 Banana Shallots
1 Clove Garlic
1 Red Chilli
2 tbs Fresh Chopped Basil
10 Slow Roast Cherry Tomatoes
3 tbs Tomato Passata
75ml Albarino (or your preferred white wine)
Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop your shallots, garlic and chilli.
- Rinse off the clams to make sure there is no grit on the outside. Gently separate the crab legs at the joints. You might be able to pull the meat straight out of the shell. If not take some good kitchen scissors and snip along the length of the shell and pull out the flesh. Cut in to small bite sized pieces and set aside.
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and place in the shallots, garlic and chillies. Gently sweat for a couple of minutes then add your clams and white wine. Cover and allow to cook for 3 minutes then take off the heat.
- Meanwhile bring to boil some salted water and cook your prawns for 4 minutes. Once cooked remove the heads and shell all but 2 of the prawns squeezing the head juice in to the pan with the clams. In the residual water cook your pasta on a rapid boil.
- Drain off the pasta and add to the clams. Gently stir in your crab and prawns then add the passata, basil and tomatoes. Gently toss the pasta to ensure the seafood is well mixed. Season with as little salt and pepper then finally squeeze over the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Top the spaghetti with your remaining prawn then drizzle over a little olive oil and serve.
Serve with good sharing bread and Sainsbury’s Taste the difference Rias Baixas 2016 Albarino (Get me being all Olly Smith)