Seared Scallop with Crab, Pickled Radish and Bloody Mary SaucePosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
Cheeky little scallop starter. Please buy as fresh a possible from a fishmonger rather than the supermarket if possible.
For the Bloody Mary Sauce
100 ml tomato juice
Splash of medium sherry
Dash of chipotle tabasco
Dash of Worcester Sauce
Few drops of lemon juice
1. Put all the ingredients in a pan and reduce by half.
1 tsp Mayonnaise
Pinch of Smoked Paprika
2 tbs White wine vinegar
1. Crack your crab claws and take out the white meat being careful not to get and shell in. Add the mayo, few drops of lemon juice and smoked paprika.
2. Take a slice of Serrano and place in a hot oven covered with a tray to keep flat for 10 minutes. Take out and lay on kitchen paper to crisp.
3. Slice the radish and cover in 2 tbs if white wine vinegar. Leave to marinade for 10 minutes
4. Season your scallop with a little seasalt and seal in a hot pan for about 1 minute each side. Place a knob of butter in to finish.
5. Take out the scallop and rest for a minute. Arrange a disk of the crab then layer the radish on top. Place the scallop on top then dot around the bloody mary sauce. Take a shard of the serrano and place upright behind the scallop.