Slow Roast Cherry Tomatoes in Basil infused oilPosted on in Low Calorie, Recipes, Vegetarian & Soups
I wouldn’t exactly call this a recipe but these tomatoes are just brilliant in salads, pasta or on an anti pasti platter.
You up will need:
450g On the vine Cherry Tomatoes
Good quality olive oil.
1. Pre heat the oven to 130 degrees.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and arrange on a large baking tray cut side up.
3. Sprinkle each half of tomato with a little sea salt then cook in the oven for 3 hours.
4. Allow the tomatoes to cool. They will be dehydrated but still a little soft.
5. In a Kilner jar place a couple of sprigs of fresh basil. Gently drop in the tomatoes then slowly pour in the olive oil ensuring all the tomatoes are covered.