Spaghetti VongolePosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
This is the first time I’ve tried this but it seemed to work out ok. Just make sure you’ve got some super fresh seafood and a good white wine to go with it.
400g Fresh Clams
140g Fresh Pasta
2 Banana Shallots
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Small Glass of white wine (Use the same you want to drink with the meal. Try an Albarino)
10 Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
1. Firstly wash the clams several times in cold water and discard any damaged or open shells.
2. Finely chop the onions and garlic and gently soften in a little olive oil.
3. Slice the tomatoes and sprinkle over some sea salt and a little olive oil then pop in the oven for about 5 minutes on 180 degrees to sweeten and soften. Once they are done set aside to add to the pasta before serving.
4. Cook the pasta as per the pack instructions in salted water.
5. Drop your clams in with the garlic and onions then pour in the wine then add some chopped chives and a few shredded basil leaves. When all the clams are open drain off the pasta retaining a little of the water then drop the pasta in with the clams. Drop in the tomatoes and gently fold all the mixture so the clams are well mixed through.
6. Season with a little cracked pepper and salt and drizzle over a little olive oil and serve.