Spaghetti with Bay Scallops and a Lemon, Basil and Chive DressingPosted on in European, Fish & Seafood, Recipes
Well I got home today and wanted something that I could do in 15 minutes that was fresh healthy and full of flavour. This is a quick fix that will definitely go down a treat.
Fresh Pasta (spaghetti or linguini) If you dont like them use prawns or crayfish
Bay Scallops (they are the dead small ones)
1 Clove of Garlic
4 tbs of Olive Oil
Juice of 1/2 a Small Lemon
1 Tbs Parmesan
Cracked Black Pepper
1. In a pestle and mortar take a pinch of rock salt, garlic, olive oil, 5 or 6 basil leaves and the juice of half a lemon. Bash it up until you get a nice light green dressing. You will get a few bits of leaf that arent all bashed but it looks good on the finished dish.
2. Take 5 stems of chives and chop as finely as possible.
3. Drop your pasta in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Check serving suggestions per person weight.
4. Meanwhile seal off the scallops in a lightly oiled hot pan with a pinch of sea salt. They should take no longer than a minute each side.
5. Drain off your pasta then drizzle over 3/4 of your dressing. Drop in your scallops and fold through the pasta.
6. Transfer the pasta to your plate scatter over the Parmesan, chives and 3 shredded basil leaves. Drizzle over a little olive oil and and some cracked black pepper.