Teriyaki Fillet of Beef with Jasmine Rice and Pac ChoiPosted on in Beef, Lamb & Pork, Recipes
I love Teriyaki anything to be honest and this dish can be done with Salmon or Chicken but I love the beef version.
You will need
1 Red Chilli
1 Green Chilli
2 Spring Onions
Toasted Sesame Seeds
For the marinade
3 tbs Dark soy
2 tbs Light Soy
2 tbs Sake
1 tbs Mirin
1 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Ginger juice.
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl then place your fillet steak in a freezer bag. Add 4 tbs of the marinade to the bag then squeeze all the air out and tie up. Place in the fridge and marinade for a minimum of 3 hours.
2. Take the steak out and allow to come to room temperature. Heat your pan until hot and sear the steak on all sides for a couple of minutes.
3. Put the rice on to cook in salted water as per the pack instruction.
4. Turn the pan with the steak in down to a medium then add in your remaining marinade and keep turning the steak until the sauce has sticky and reduced. This should take about another 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile slice the Pac Choi from top to tail and flash fry with half a clove of garlic and a dash of light soy.
6. Take your steak out and allow to rest for five minutes. Strain the rice then add the finely chopped spring onion.
7. Slice the steak then arrange on the plate by placing the rice on the bottom then the Pac Choi. Top with the steak a little of the reduced marinade, toasted sesame seeds then some finely chopped chillies and fresh coriander.