Wholewheat Spaghetti with Smoked Duck and Chestnut MushroomsPosted on in European, Poultry & Game, Recipes
Another simple supper dish with one of my favourite ingredients. Smoked Duck. You can find it in a lot of deli’s around the region or in some butchers. Its entirely up to you whether you decide to use wholewheat pasta but its a slightly healthier option and to be honest it has a slightly nutty flavour that works well with the duck.
1 Breast of sliced smoked duck
Wholewheat Spaghetti for two (check pack for details)
2 Banana Shallots sliced lengthways into fine strips
1 (small) Clove of Garlic
150ml Double Cream
5 Closed cup chestnut mushrooms sliced.
50ml of reduced beef stock or 1/2 beef jelly stock pot
1. Take your pasta and drop in to boiling salted water. Wholewheat pasta take longer than normal or fresh pasta so test it after about 5 minutes and depending whether you like it a little al dente it might take a few minutes more.
2. Meanwhile in a frying pan drop in your onions and mushrooms in a little olive oil until they start to brown. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Add the cream with a good few grinds of cracked black pepper and a little seasalt. Add your beef stock and stir. Check for seasoning but dont add too much salt as the parmesan will naturally add salt then drop in your sliced duck to warm through.
4. Drain off your pasta retaining a very small amount of the water.
5. Add your pasta to the sauce and mix until all the spaghetti is coated.
6. Drop your pasta into your serving bowl, sprinkle on a little parmesan some cracked pepper and a little olive oil.