Winter Chanterelle Risotto with Black Truffle and Smoked Confit Egg YolkPosted on in European, Recipes, Vegetarian & Soups
This recipe is definitelty one for a special occasion. There is something very satisfying about tucking in to a rich creamy risotto that is pretty hard to beat and they are so versatile, you can add whatever flavours you like to them. This recipe will serve 2. If you want to make the risotto fully vegetarian replace the chicken stock with veg stock.
You will need.
160g Risotto Rice
3 Echalion Shallots (finely diced)
1 Clove Garlic
1 Black Truffle
60g Winter Chanterelles
20g Dried Porcini
2 Egg Yolks
500ml Chicken Stock
75ml White Wine
Salt and Pepper
- Take your porcini mushrooms and soak in boiling water for 20 minutes. Once softened carefully drain off the water in to your stock pot with the chicken stock.
- Carefully separate the egg yolk from the white and place in a bowl. Cover with clingfilm. Lift up a small piece of the clingfilm then using your smoking gun fill the bowl with smoke and re cover for around 10 minutes.
- In a deep sided pan add a splash of olive oil then add the shallots and garlic and gently sweat until softened. Then add your rice and stir until the grains begin to become translucent. Add the wine and cook until almost fully evaporated.
- Chop the porcini very finely then add to the rice. One ladle at a time add your stock waiting until almost evaporated before adding the next.
- Turn your oven on to 60 degrees then pour olive oil in to a heat proof pan. You will need about a couple of inches in the pan. Carefully place in your egg yolks and cook for around 25 minutes. The egg will literally only be slightly warmed though.
- As the rice grains begin to soften test to see if it is to your liking then add a few shavings of your truffle. When the rice is done heat a frying pan and drop in a good knob of butter. As it begins to foam add in the Chanterelles and cook for no longer than about a minute.
- Stir in a tablespoon of grated parmesan and a knob of butter then season the risotto with few twists of black pepper.
- Time to assemble. Place the rice in the bottom of the bowl and place the egg yolk in the middle. Shave over a little more truffle then arrange the mushrooms around the egg. Finally top with some freshly grated parmesan.